> Op 15 jul. 2015, om 14:15 heeft Dave Stanley <da...@dbsconsult.co.uk> het
> volgende geschreven:
>
> As for the antennas mounted on a mast/tower, you then may need to consider
> the frequencies and operators that use the antennas. In some cases there will
> be multiple frequencies and operators. Physically, you would need the antenna
> height above ground level, direction, possibly which leg it is on and so on.

In the Netherlands we are facing the same problem with our GSM antenna’s.
Our country has the highest density of mapped GSM antenna’s (currently over
11.000) and you should see the worldwide mapping of the GSM 900 frequency:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17226226/OSM/gsm/gsm900-wereldwijd.png

We are using two solutions for mapping multiple antenna’s on one post:

1.
Use technology=GSM 900;GSM 1800;UMTS
Together with
height=50;68;57

Or
2.
technology:1=GSM 900
technology:2=GSM 1800
technology:3=UMTS
height:1=50
height:2=68
height:3=57

An example of this last style is here:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/599560623
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/599560623>

Try to avoid using man_made=tower for structures that are definitely NOT a
tower. And use mast:type instead of tower:type.
In an upcoming change of the carto style for the standard rendering, all
man_made=tower will be shown and this will lead to an overflow of towers on the
base map if you are using the wrong tagging. See my earlier post.

Marc.