On Sun, Oct 04, 2015 at 03:07:44PM +0200, Olaf Hering wrote:

> Its just an OOM. Looks like I have to poke around on this already rooted
> phone and remove some unneeded system apps to free some runtime memory.
> Osmand 1.9.5 crashes often due to OOM, not just the 2.1 install attempt.

I notice that the device runs OsmAnd in java-mode which is not so much
supported like native mode and furthermore java apps are limitted to 24MB
by the virtual machine.

Normally it should run in native mode which does not have such strict memory
limits. Any way to get it run in native mode? Or maybe change the settings
of the virtual machine?

Richard