As i already pointed out, the problem is not so much fixing obvious
mistakes (typos, clear misclassification) thank you for that, but
wanting conformity to inconclusive results of discussions on a fairly
obscure mailing list.

One of the great strengths of OSM is that you can invent tagging on the
fly and trying to suppress that just so that the data consumers have it
easy, is misguided. In the end the main way our tagging evolves is be
contributors trying to map stuff that doesn't have a popular tagging
scheme associated and not allowing that will reduce new tagging to that
decided by a committee.

Simon