Holger,

 I suspect that the regional OpenStreetMap organisations would be good
partners for setting up local events and press coverage even though it
is a bit short term (there is no one complete list but
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters#Existing_local_chapters
and searching for user groups on the wiki is probably a good idea).

Simon