On 06/01/2016 14:18, Jakob Mühldorfer wrote:
Hello,

according to taginfo "internet_access=wifi" is used almost 80 times globally. Would you agree it is safe to automatically change all of these to "internet_access=wlan"?

As I understand it, "wifi" means "one of the 802.11 variants" whereas "wlan" means "any sort of or wireless local area network". However, I can't think of a single example in the last decade of something other than 802.11 used for _local_ wireless networking, so I'd say they were pretty much synonymous, and so no information would be lost.

Can anyone else think of an exception?

Cheers,

Andy