From: Mhairi O'Hara [mailto:mhairi.oh...@hotosm.org]
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2016 7:28 AM
To: OSM Talk; HOT
Subject: [HOT] International Womens Day - Mapping locations and dates of
incidents on OpenStreetMaps

Hello,

Sexual harrassment towards women has been increasing in Bali with a number of
individuals taking a stand by capturing images to post on Facebook to shame and
apprehend, and I would like to help assist by empowering women to utilise OSM
to further highlight and tackle these kinds of issues.

I am thinking of trying to create some kind of harassment map like they have in
Egypt ( <http://harassmap.org/> http://harassmap.org

). Ideally I would like to utilise OSM to capture and present this data (type
of incident and date, etc), but have not been able to find an appropriate tag
to use.

The tag 'incident' has been used in the past, once and perhaps unofficially. So
I was hoping to get some feedback and suggestions on how to approach this. In
fact the mapping of this kind of data doesn't seem to exist on OSM, but is it
something the community might be interested in exploring?

Kind regards,

Mhairi

--

Mhairi O'Hara