GoMap!! is limited in its capabilities to edit relations to reduce the chance
of breaking anything. Without being sure, when splitting a way that is member
of a relation, both parts continue with same membership. This might give
undesired results in very few relations, so I think it is a safe approach for
an app that doesn’t do editing of said relations.

Aun Johnsen