The best thing would be to use the Uber API to receive the route instead, so we could compare the lat/lon of the points with the ones stored in db. But it seems that this API returns an image instead:
https://developer.uber.com/docs/rides/api/v1-requests-map

So we could instead use the "estimates-price" api:
https://developer.uber.com/docs/rides/api/v1-estimates-price
which returns a distance. This distance should match the OSM distance. Could this be right ?

Cheers