I typed "slums" in Google and looked at resulting numerous images of slums. I tried to imagine where to place street signs or block number plaques. Often the walls of shacks are made from a mixture of worn-out fabric, cardboard, corrugated iron.

Even if street signs are placed on poles, I am afraid these poles will be stolen and reused for building or improving a shack. At the same time there are quite a few multi-storey cabins, so just GPS coordinates or three words are not enough. The address should also contain somehow a floor number.