On 9/19/2016 3:24 AM, Andy Townsend wrote:
On 19/09/2016 11:13, Paul Norman wrote:

The changes this topic is about are not live on openstreetmap.org. The original message has details, but the issue tracking the proposed changes is https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/2349, and you can see images there that show what the change is.

So perhaps the "huge improvement for the situation in Korea" mentioned above is due to the move to Mapnik 3 (which as I understand it has happened) rather than a font change?

While I can't speak for someone else, there are significant changes to the appearance of Korean text in the PR and a lot of images showing Korean that fix a few known issues. Also, Mapnik 3 didn't do too much for Korean.