To move around Brussels, you can also use the Villo! bicycle network [1]. You can get a ticket for a day or a week. Very cheap [2], and it's working very well for me.

To buy a card, you can do it at any Villo! station.

I am usin AllBikesNow [3] android app to check nearest bicycle stations.

Cheers,

Rafael.

[1] http://en.villo.be/

[2] http://en.villo.be/Rates/Rates/Consult-the-rates