I'm hand holding a government department which is thinking of doing some
work with OpenStreetMap.

One interesting issue has come up on accessibility and that is access for
partially sighted people.  There are standards for web sites etc and tools
that blind people can use to access them.  I'm using Blind and partially
sighted a little bit interchangeably here as having worked with a blind
programmer in the past I am aware most have some sight.  Roy just wasn't
very good at spotting lamp posts before he walked into them.

Downstream from OpenStreetMap is not a problem.  Someone in Germany is
creating maps in Braille etc etc.  We also do a good job on having tags
available which map accommodations for the disabled.

The issue is more can a partially sighted person use any tools to enter
data into OpenStreetMap?  So as a long shot and out of curiosity do we have
anyone entering data who is partially sighted?  Are the tools used
available in different languages?

Thanks John