Sigh ....

Trademarks are not patents, there is no concept similar to  prior art
(there is in the US some thing which comes quite close, but that is just
1 (one) country). If you are a trademark owner you need to monitor
applications that are close to your mark and if the examiners don't
throw them out because of them being too similar with existing
registrations, submit an opposition to the resp. IP office.

In any case the complaint by They-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was not only not
unexpected, it was entirely expected.

TeleNav does not have a licence to use OpenStreet-anything from the
OSMF, and as all projects that use a name that plays on OpenStreetMap
the only thing it does is weaken the status of the OpenStreetMap mark,
impacting our position if we ever have to defend seriously against
misuse (you could argue that we, not They-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named should
have asked TeleNav to not use the name for the above reasons).

Tacking "Open" on front of anything is very unoriginal and in the
meantime completely meaningless, at best it might imply "slightly less
closed", but even that is not a given.

Simon