Since we can now pull in large amounts of the map into 64 bit JOSM, use
search to find them, and then add them to the to-do list plugin I wonder if
that might be a better way to do it.  Download yesterday's map for a
country, chop it up with osmconvert64 into small enough pieces to load up
into JOSM.

That way each instance gets inspected manually.

What might be nice is a tool that would show a count of these or other
suspect tags by country.  The suspect countries can then be downloaded.
Overpass can give false counts if you only look at changes in the last 12
months or whatever the default is.

Cheerio John