On 22/01/17 10:50, Dave F wrote:
Hi

Some one from China has made some meaningless & erroneous edit in Bristol, UK which I've reverted,

For completeness, that was

Unfortunately your comments there weren't really actionable - they don't explain what the contributor was doing wrong, and what they need to do better next time.

but there's one in New Orleans which someone with local knowledge needs to look at.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/45365148#map=11/29.9244/-90.2323

Is there someone here who can repost to Talk-US?

You can, if you subscribe to the list. :)

On side note: Do users of editors like mapswithme receive changeset comments?

It depends. Many users of MAPS.ME just think it is "an app with some maps in it" and have no idea what OSM is. This has been raised with the MAPS.ME developers a number of times (see https://github.com/mapsme/omim/issues ). If they've signed up with a throw-away email address (or generally "don't read email"), they won't see it.

Separately to this, a lot of people are spending a lot of time trying to communicate with MAPS.ME users - and in some cases succeeding (though the response rate seems lower to me than with other mappers). If communication fails then drop a mail to d...@osmfoundation.org so that we can apply a 0-hour block on the account - force them to read a message before continuing mapping (but not actually stopping them from mapping - they can edit again as soon as they've read the message). This is useful when people have e.g. used a throw-away email account to sign up to an online service. However, it's important to have explained mapping problems in changeset discussion first, since we'll inevitably refer back to previous discussions for a particular mapper such as http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-discussion-comments?uid=5167736 here.

Best Regards,

Andy