Hi all,

As noted it's not possible to give a negative response as SotM EU is much
more fluid than the OSMF SotM (there is not a designated group of people to
ask - it just happens when their is appetite).

I can however give the response from the OSMF SotM Working Group as such:

- We received 2 bids this year; one from Japan the other from Italy.
- We worked with both teams to fully explore the options; at times this
included an ambitious programme of two events in one year (comprising a
traditional SotM in Japan and an "unconference" style event in Italy.
- Ultimately this fell through and as such there is no planned European
event from the OSMF SotM Working group.
- As always we are grateful for the bids to host State of the Map (OSMF)
and we are happy to help interested groups prepare future bids.

I hope this clarifies things a bit. I will follow up with a separate emails
on the Japan event and the process for 2018.

Best regards,

*Rob*
p.s. The SotM Working Group is available on t...@stateofthemap.org should
similar questions arise. We do not actively monitor this "talk" mailing
list.