On 20.03.2017 18:23, Mikel Maron wrote:
For example (this may have been mentioned before on the thread) .. the
OSM US community has set up a Slack channel with notifications of every
new user editing. We monitor this channel, give a quick look at edits,
and send welcome emails. That said, it's an overwhelming number of new
users, and improvements which helped the community both focus on
problematic new edits and scale welcomes would help a lot.

Just to chime in with another data point. In Ireland we have an IRC bot that does similar for our #osm-ie channel. It notifies on every new editing. We can also add users to a watch list, so it'll notify when those users edit. It also says when notes are created.

It's quite helpful to keep track of things, but it can be easy to miss things.

Rory