As Stewart has pointed out there are some changes that are valid(name
expansion). I think Mr.Ramm needs to revise his selection algorithm before
mass deletion

On Aug 28, 2017 6:05 AM, "joost schouppe" <joost.schou...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What surprises me most about the discussion up to now that it is
> centered around the impact on the US and Canada were the removals are
> rather small both relatively and absolute*, actually are more at the
> nuisance level than anything else, and can easily be added back, likely
> in a couple of days  from sources that are already pre-approved as
> reference material.
>
> Our concern should be more about Mexico, Brazil and other countries
> where it is at least not obvious to me if the local communities are
> aware of the issue and if we have any plan at all how we possibly could
> mitigate the impact.

I can't say I'm surprised by that myself. This is a conversation in
English, on a mailing list, bot things not very popular in Latin America.
I've posted this thread to the Latam telegram group, with an offer to
translate if needed.

--
Joost Schouppe
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/> |