On 21.09.2017 19:45, PanierAvide wrote:
> http://projets.pavie.info/whatosm/

This may be controversial, but I don't think a guide for people
considering to contribute to OSM should send them away to Mapillary.
They aren't part of OSM proper and arguably compete with us for
volunteer time. Mapillary let us use their images, of course, but they
have that in common with a lot of other orgs that no one would mistake
for being part of the OSM project.

> It can be used by new contributors, but also more experimented ones, who
> don't know what to do anymore in their neighbourhood.

For new contributors, the recommendations feel a bit too focused on
niche use cases, and not enough on core OSM. When people have a few
hours or days to spare and want to contribute to OSM, then I would
almost always recommend that they start mapping in their local area
using iD or JOSM (depending on computer skills).

Something else to consider is that "outside" and "remotely" does not
cover the entire OSM experience. In fact, the traditional way to
contribute is to collect data outside, and enter it back at home. Right
now, that's not an option with your tool.

Hope this mail doesn't come across as too negative! I mostly focussed on
potential improvements rather than the things that worked fine for me
(i.e. everything not mentioned here).

Tobias

 It might be