Recently I was presented with an Error message of my favorite editing
software, when I tried to upload a changeset where several pyramids in Giza
(Egypt) together are known by a common name.

JOSM told me there was an Error in my data. An Error for the JOSM validator
is something that is most likely wrong and should usually be fixed.

The reason for the error was that I had created a multipolygon, but had
left tags which are referring to an area, on the member objects (outer
ways). This is something I believe is completely regular and happens as
soon as some property of one of the members is not valid for the relation
as a whole, e.g. because the name is different, etc.

What is your opinion on this?

Cheers,
Martin

PS: For reference, this is the ticket with which I tried to convince the
devs to remove this test:
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/15360