On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 10:28 AM, Christoph Hormann <o...@imagico.de> wrote:

> On Friday 17 November 2017, Mikel Maron wrote:
> >
> > > Yuri Astrakhan re-started the discussion on the Talk mailing list
> > > about the tool to do mechanical edits (it is now called Sophox).
> > > The discussion continues to be quite contentious.
> >
> > This is better. It gets the same substantial information across, but
> > does not call out judgement on an individual, and allows the reader
> > to enter the discussion with an open mind. -Mikel
>
> Yikes!
>
> You are aware that Yuri considers this tool not a mechanical edit tool
> so maybe lets also censor that part of the message...
>
> I sincerely hope the weeklyOSM team ignores such advise.  No one really
> wants a shallow, politically whitewashed verbal ornamentation of the
> links carefully vetted not to hurt anyone that could be generated by a
> bot (yes, there is some irony in that).

I don't know about a "shallow, politically whitewashed verbal ornamentation
of the links", but I *do* want to see WeeklyOSM (and the rest of the
community) try harder to not hurt individuals or make disparaging remarks
about any particular member or project in this community.

There are so many things happening in the OSM community: the WeeklyOSM team
could do a better job at editorial control so that they could talk about
all those things without letting politics or opinions show up in their
posts.