Hmm it seams released in April 2015, but anyway it's been some time since
the release.
It's not mentionned in the Operations issue tracker
<https://github.com/openstreetmap/operations/issues>, maybe you could open
an issue there to suggest upgrading to mailman 3.
But it seems to be a rewrite of mailman, so it may be not trivial to
migrate to this version.

Another point : This password is not secure, but what the worst that could
happen with it ? As long as one don't reuse it on other applications (as
warned during registration), the only action an attacker could do would be
to unsubscribe you. Not really catastrophic