The problem is how do you fix them?  Having something directly in JOSM is
useful. They tend to appear in clusters so step one is find the cluster.
Step two is sort the duplicates out.

There really is some very poor mapping of buildings and this at least
identifies the ones that there should be no disagreement about whether they
should be deleted or not.

One day we'll sort out what to do about the very badly mapped buildings
that at least two other mappers have referred to as junk but that's another
story.

Cheerio John