sent from a phone

> On 28. Nov 2017, at 06:10, Oleksiy Muzalyev <oleksiy.muzal...@bluewin.ch>
> wrote:
>
> Besides the number of the satellites increased lately, and the quality of the
> GPS receivers is also improving. And everyone who has got a modern smartphone
> has got a GPS altimeter.

Some smartphones and some consumer gps units also feature barometric
altimeters. Our consumer GPS units, especially those in smartphones with their
suboptimal antennas, are unsuitable for measuring elevation precisely, the
accuracy in the z-direction, from what emerged from previous discussions about
this, is about 10 times inferior with respect to x/y.

cheers,
Martin