Hi,

What language would that library be in, if level0 and iD are in javascript,
JOSM and Vespucci are in Java, and many random console tools are in python
and perl?

It would be cool to have such library running on osm2pgsql import, fixing
and complaining/skipping all the mistaked tag usage it can detect. This can
possibly resurrect some objects that are lost because of typos or old
tagging schemes.