Hi Grant,

If you read Serge's post, he is quite clear on what his preferred
solution to this resourcing problem. Our tiles and Nominatim services
should have terms of services that include paid higher levels that
support the foundation, which in turn pays for the infrastructure.
When somebody is using too many tiles, or using too much of Nominatim
resources, or wants Nominatim to work better, etc, before chasing them
away, the foundation should ask them for money to support the
requested services.

There is plenty of money around this space to pay for a full time
system administrator staff and some developers. Pokémon Go netted 600
million dollars in the first three months. Mapbox just go $164 million
dollar investment. I don't understand why you, Tom, lonvia are not
paid, full time employees of OSMF by now. Mapbox is doing a great job
with ID development, but obviously they are not going to seriously
fund our tiles and geocoding.

There is a great need for what OSM does, we just need to ask for
money, rather than acting like a charity, begging for handouts.

Jason