On 18-02-2018 19:21, Milo van der Linden wrote:
> With 103 open issues and 12 open pull requests, I would love to
> volunteer to at least help get those cleared first. Given the (very
> positive, I am glad so many people are acting on this thread)
> activity, I think if everybody lends a couple of hours of code this
> week we can get nominatim ready to make some progress.

+1

I did not blame before, because I never contributed to nominatim. I'll
take some time this week to review issues and PR (although this week is
the QGIS hackfest).

But definitely, I'll use the open data day [1] dedicated to nominatim.
Maybe we can have a virtual meeting on March 3rd dedicated to nominatim
to coordinate actions.

[1] March 3rd, 2018, http://opendataday.org

>> On 2018-02-18 20:07, Paul Johnson wrote:

>>>  It appears to me that the bounding box is used when searching places
>>> (towns, cities) or streets, but not when searching objects like shops
>>> or restaurants.
>>> For instance, searching for a McDonald's always gives me the
>>> McDonald's at 1351, George Dieter Drive, El Paso City, El Paso County,
>>> Texas, 79936, Verenigde Staten van Amerika
>>>
>>>  Keen ask.  I think a _lot_ of the complaints regarding Nominatim that
>>> have come up could be fixed by using the bounding box context for all
>>> items.  I may have incorrectly opened an Osmand bug [1] on the
>>> assumption Nominatim was consistently using the geocontext for all
>>> results.
>>

>> I've opened a Nominatim bug for it.
>> https://github.com/openstreetmap/Nominatim/issues/930
>>

>> Maarten

OSGeo Portugal
NIF: 509588190
email: ge...@osgeopt.pt
https://www.osgeopt.pt/

Próximo evento: SASIG 2017, 20 a 22 de novembro, Porto