Hi folks,

I've seen a lot of tile servers showing how OSM looked in 2006 or 2007. The map
was an awful spaghetti of broken roads back then, and it looked like half the
data were lost. So I decided to get a proper API 0.5 planet dump — and since
the switch happened in late 2017, going back from the current date exactly ten
years seemed a good choice.

The planet file for 20.02.2008 is slightly over 3 gigabytes, but when you cut
USA out, you're left with a 400 MB pbf file. Checked out the latest OSM Carto
3.x style, and voila — OpenStreetMap as it looked exactly ten years ago:

http://osmz.ru/osm2008.html

My server is a bit slow, so be patient. It has the whole world except for the
United States. I might update it in a few months, so the delta is still ten
years.

Have fun looking up your cities,
Ilya