On 29/06/18 16:27, Carlos Cámara wrote:
Second: The very foundations of OSM as a project are techno-political in terms that it was created to overcome the lack of certain geographical information about certain areas or topics. This is even more obvious in HOSM or the not-at-all-accidental use of open licenses from its very beginning.

Yes and No ... 'the map' is NOT the project ... the raw data is. I find it difficult to use the current style of the SAMPLE map provided simply because it gets the road colours wrong now. So I'm using a source of map tiles that use a more UK friendly colour set. The bottom line is that what is displayed on the map is already in conflict with many uses ignoring adding any additional censoring. What SHOULD be done is provide our own versions of the map for our own applications, as wikipedia is doing with names (although I can't see how to access them). Whether something has it's own icon is not a political decision - everything should have an icon - but the PRIORITY of displaying should be a non-political decision - not censorship!

Moving to a more interactive map would be a positive step, rather than the continual churn of 'views of what is important' on a single static map and I know the technology is there, just not the resources to generate it?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL