To me a grandstand has a roof and probably a back wall.

A 'bleacher' has no roof nor walls .. it is simply seating totally exposed to the elements.

On 14/07/18 16:23, Tomasz Wójcik wrote:
Currently, we (de facto) have 2 tags for the same feature, which is not a proper state.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:building=grandstand
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:leisure=bleachers

I think we should choose the correct one andadd warning moving mappers to the proper one on OSM Wiki.

Building=grandstand is not perfect for me, beacuse building=* tag suggest that is some kind of typical building (with walls, roof, etc.) and most of the OSM styles render building=grandstand like every other buildings, where you can go inside, which may be confusing with grandstands areas. On the other hand we have leisure=bleachers , when the "bleachers" word is propably used only in USA.

What do you think about it?