sent from a phone

> On 10. Aug 2018, at 22:06, Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch> wrote:
>
> As I've pointed out before, if OSM supports a specific system, it
> amounts to us picking a winner , and I really don't think that is a good
> idea.

we could support any system that is used and can be used free and openly.

> w3w wants to make money from royalties, google wants to avoid
> paying them. Both have a financial interest in us adopting their
> systems. IMHO when one eventually "wins" we can start supporting it
> then, before one of them pasts the post, it is premature.

While it is true that both parties have economic interest in this, plus codes
are both, free to use and open source, unlike their 3 words competitor. Even if
w3w „wins“ we would likely not be interested in promoting them on OSMF servers.

Cheers,
Martin