Hello Vasu,

thank you for your interest in participating in Google Summer of Code at
OpenStreetMap!

On 13.09.2018 20:30, vasu dev Singh wrote:
> I want
> to do a project with OpenStreetMap but I don’t know how to start.
One trait we're looking for in GSoC students is familiarity with the OSM
community. So at this point, it might not be a bad idea to do some
mapping in your local area, to explore the ecosystem of OSM-based
software, and so on.

In 2019 (assuming OSM will be selected as a mentoring organization), we
will publish a list of project ideas, much as we did this year. At that
point, you will be able to get in contact with the mentor(s) of the
specific ideas you are interested in, who may be able to suggest some
preparations more closely related to the development project in question.

Of course, you can also get in contact with developers directly if you
already know that you're interested in a particular open source project
under the OSM umbrella.