On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 2:36 PM Richard <ricoz....@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Key:bridge:movable:    https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Item:Q104
> > Tag:bridge:movable=bascule:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Item:Q888
>
> how do I get at other language's versions, and how do I get easily at the
> original source of the information (description text) to fix it?

Richard, the original information has not changed in any form just yet.
There are several ways to get to docs from the search box:
* type the exact page name with the language, e.g. "FR:Key:bridge:movable"
and hit enter
* type the exact page name, e.g. "Key:bridge:movable" (without quotes) and
hit enter, Select language at the top.
* type "bridge:movable" and click "search in content" (last item in the
dropdown)
* type bridge:movable, open the wikibase entry, and click the big link in
the upper right corner

I am hoping to enable search autocomplete back, but it might mean that we
won't be able to find wikibase items as easily (which might be ok)

The general hope is that once the data has been copied to wikibase items,
all of the existing {{KeyDescription}}, {{ValueDescription}}, and
{{RelationDescription}} templates will use that data directly. The data
will also be localized - so in a French version of the page, it will
automatically use french descriptions, unless they don't exist, and it
would show English (until translated).

There will be a small link next to each value that came from Wikibase. If
you click it, it will take you to the wikibase entry, where you will be
able to edit descriptions in all of the languages.

 Also, the tables of tags will also be generated directly from that data,
which will allow us not to use all the crazy template inclusion magic (e.g.
using the same table on multiple pages will not require storing it in a
template).