That's a weird behavior:

using wget, the first time I load a page, I have to wait a few seconds ("HTTP request sent, awaiting response...") before I get it. Then I can ask for it as many time as I want without any waiting time. I observe the same thing in firefox: the first time I load a page, it takes a few seconds, then I can ask for it again (even after clearing the cache) and there is no waiting time.