To clarify why it is useful:
https://github.com/osmlab/name-suggestion-index#name-suggestion-index
<https://github.com/osmlab/name-suggestion-index#name-suggestion-index>
hasindex of common brand.
It allows for easier editing for editors using this data. For example in
Vespucciwhen I encounter shop from a common brand there is no need to think
what isthe proper shop tag or enter the entire name.
It is enough to start typing its name and editor provides autocompletionthat
includes shop type.

Attempting to add  brand:wikipedia / brand:wikidata will ensure that names
are common but are not one brand (for example shop named "Sklep", what is
Polish for shop)will be found and discarded.