On Monday 25 February 2019, Jean-Marc Liotier wrote:

> If that is an essential concern for you, I have bad news about the
> Openstreetmap database...
>
> Robots are not sovereign entities: they are puppets to humans and
> therefore bound to human rules, to which supplementary restrictions
> are added to compensate for their large-scale effect. Therefore, the
> authors of automation have greater power to realize their vision -
> but they remain under political control... Works pretty fine for our
> map, doesn't it ?

Sigh.

I suppose that it was inevitable that someone would equate the OSM
database with the OSM wiki in this discussion.

A lot could be said about the differences here but i hope we can
simplify this to 'apples and peaches' and therefore not a meaningful
comparison.

Needless to say that a bot edit on the OSM database comparable to the
one on the wiki that motivated me to start this thread would very
likely never have found approval from the community.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/