On 12/03/19 11:25, MonkZ wrote:

Hiho,

I'm seeking for a proper tag

Best list for this is tagg...@openstreetmap.org

for installations (trash racks / screens)
like this:
http://www.bonn.de/imperia/md/images/umwelt-gesund-planen-bauen-wohn/plan-bau-wohn/tiefbauamt/endenicher_bach_2014_01_w.jpg
http://www.halcyon-solutions.co.uk/RFWT/se2641.jpg
https://awmawater-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/automated_trash_rack_debris_drawing_awma.jpg

Basically a structure immersed the water,

Immersed in water in your area of the world. Here they are frequently dry ...
only having water in storms.

  to collect trash, keep
culverts from jamming and (sometimes) people from getting sucked into
the culvert.

These installations have certain properties like barriers, so I would
classify them as barrier=trash_rack (but there are only two instances of
it (source: taginfo) - so I wouldn't say it is defined by usage).

They need to be nodes on a waterway or ways across a waterway.

They are also man made .. so could be tagged man_made=something ... screen?
Screen=* is inuse for the number of viewing screens in cinemas. Should not
cause confusion?

There are also different forms of this kind of barrier.
alignment- slanted or not or ...;

material- metal or net or ...;

Some ideas here ..
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Fence_attributes

I would separate out the material (usually metal) from the structure (chain
link, bar, mesh, etc)

have they mechanical components for automated cleaning...

Lets concentrate on one bit at a time?

Are doors present...

Alternatives? Suggestions? Suggestions for compositions?

MfG
MonkZ