Hi,

Am 10.05.19 um 00:00 schrieb Jmapb:
> This strikes me as a pretty bad idea. I map in NYC where we have lots,
> lots, lots of nearly-square buildings with official footprints imported
> from the city's open data initiative. When a mapper not familiar with
> the history here gets a message from iD (which, to many mappers, is
> indistinguishable from getting a message from OSM itself) encouraging
> them to square a building, they'll do it because it seems like the right
> thing to do. So the official, highly-accurate footprints are lost. And
> adjacent buildings with shared nodes are also distorted.

JOSM runs its validation rules only on objects modified or created in
the current session. This seems more sensible both for experienced users
and newbies for two reasons:

- Uses don't get overwhelmed with dozens or hundreds of reports on
  objects they did not touch.

- If users follow suggestions how to fix blindly (we cannot expect an
  unexperienced iD user to have the same knowledge as the average JOSM
  user), they are used as living bots running validation rules on
  randomly selected areas of the map. One might call this a hidden
  automated edit.

In difference, iD runs its validation rules on all loaded objects.
https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/6332#issuecomment-490494331

Best regards

Michael