Re: "Try to keep changesets to a manageable size, both in number of
changes and geographical scope."

This would be good to add to "Good changeset comments"
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Good_changeset_comments

If a changeset covers a huge are or too many changes, it won't be easy
to understand the comments in the future.

It's not usually a problem for iD users, since you get a warning when
over 100 objects have been edited and it's hard to scroll around too
far, but it happens with JOSM and imports.

Many of the issues with too large changesets are related to imports
and mechanical edits, which are not currently discussed on this
Good_practice page but have separate pages:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_edits
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits_code_of_conduct

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines