On the SMS front, it is not a question of an app but the receiving organisation

Internationally 112 is the single number that is allocated to emergency
services from cell phones.
In some countries that gets you a call centre that then sends you off to the
police, fire or ambulance. in other countries you may end up with only the
police.

Having them all contactable by SMS would be nice... but I don't think it is
going to work world wide for many years.