On 11/10/2019 10:44, Dave F via talk wrote:
Hi

I was in a conversation with a user who's account has since been deleted. ... When they were, I noticed a few dubious edits that I was planning to double check in case they required reverting/amending. Is there a way to see them?

Via the website at OpenStreetMap.org, not easily.

The "history" list will show them, but you may have to scroll back a long way.  I wouldn't expect that to be practical.

As it stands it means those intent on vandalism could create an account, deliberately add erroneous data, then delete leaving no traceable record of their edits.

No, as previously mentioned there _is_ a trace of the edits, just not a nice button that you can click to get them on osm.org.

A place to start might be things last modified by them, so try http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/N21 which will fetch items in an area last modified by that user.  If you want to search at a previous point in time you may be able to combine that with a date search (see the overpass pages in the OSM wiki for info).

Is this related to GDPR?

Not as far as I'm aware - this functionality predates GDPR.

Best Regards,

Andy