> what about multiple OpenStreetMap userIDs controlled by the same user? Our
> current guidelines actively encourage the creation of multiple logins/users.
>
> Cheers Martin

Hi Martin

That is a good point that hasn't occurred to me yet. However I have
difficulties imagining a use case. We recommend multiple accounts mostly
in two cases: privacy and for separating automated edits. If you do it
for privacy, then better not link them together via the membership
registry. The registry is not public, but can be inspected by members. I
would rather not make the software more complicated for a rare case
which can be handled manually by the MWG. But that is just my opinion.
We will keep it in mind in any case.

Just to make it clear: even with this planned automation, you can always
submit your case for manual review.

Michael