> but also reaffirms that it supports the on-the-ground-rule

I suggest to extend our manifesto [1] with the word "emphatic"
( adding after the list:  Truthful, Legal, Verifiable, Relevant,
+Emphatic )

With adding the "empathy"  to the "on the ground rule"  ->  it is adding
the extra layer of the meaning.

Without "empathy" - we can map* "nesting locations of vulnerable species"*
- because of the cold logic of the "*on the ground rule"*
With "empathy" we can fix the side effects of cold logic, and we can make
an "intelligent" decision  [2]

With "empathy"  - it is easy to solve the diversity problems.[4]
Without "empathy" - just with cold logic -  it is impossible.

With "empathy" - this sentence has a deeper meaning:
*"OpenStreetMap values community cohesion over data perfection." [1] *

and this is important for every organisation/community:

*"Empathy deserves its buzzy status, and leaders are wise to desire it for
their businesses. But to succeed in making it part of their organization’s
DNA, they must pay close attention to how cultures build and change —
organically, collectively, and often from the bottom up."  [3]*

And in the "Crimea situation"  the empathy add an extra complexity ..
What is the real meaning of the "Our community is based on mutual respect,
tolerance ..." [4]  in this case?

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/How_We_Map
[2] Eugenia Cheng: "The Art of Logic: How to Make Sense in a World that
Doesn't"
https://youtu.be/YHZKX0H6cUE?t=2217
[3] https://hbr.org/2019/05/making-empathy-central-to-your-company-culture
[4] proposed "Diversity Statement" *"Our community is based on mutual
respect, tolerance ..."*  ~ empathy
    https://gist.github.com/grischard/53e4e9defebe7912f3aab9c0d2d1b55a

Best,
 Imre