On 19.03.20 20:02, Mateusz Konieczny via talk wrote:

> But (at least to me) "dissemination of authoritative data sets" sounds like
> "overwriting OSM data with external dataset" or "importing just because
> it is official".
>
> Just yesterday I was explaining to one of mappers that it is OK to map
> roads
> that are not existing according to the official data.

we had sort of precedence with the official ALKIS land register data and
the JOSM Tracer2 plugin in the state of Northrhine-Westphalia in
Germany, where we were allowed to use the official land register layer
to trace building outlines. (Permission to use that data was removed a
while ago, but has just recently been restored again)

Tracer2 wasn't really anything that I would call an AI, but it most of
the times did a good job in copying building outlines from the ALKIS
layer by doing simple image tracing.

You just had to click inside the building outline in the ALKIS layer,
and Tracer2 would add the building outline to the OSM data layer.

So this was sort of an automated import with human filter on an
object by object basis, too.

But we also learned from that:

* do not blindly trust the official data

* compare it to a second source, to the most recent aerial pictures
  at least, but on the ground always wins

With the current topic at hand, aerial images would not really be
a true 2nd source, as the AI would also extract its suggestions
from these to begin with ...