At the moment I have no idea what we will offer "at the end" as we have
neither experience nor technology. This will develop within the next
weeks. I try to explain. The approach is small-medium-large. This means
we try to establish a small but smoothly running virtual conference on
our own platform. "Small" means at the moment two tracks at two days,
"day" may be extended to evening to have more time zone coverage. At the
moment I also would prefer that the speakers from the official tracks
have pre-recorded talks so that we can be sure it runs.

To be more concrete: the decision at our last meeting was to run with a
open source platform.

If we would fall back to a proprietary platform in worst case (what
means that ower own platform won't run) .. at the moment very unlikely.

If it shows that the performance is good enough we could extend to more
parellel tracks including lightning talks etc.

I hope we can provide lightning talks too :)

p.s. If you are a developer and interested in participating in this
experience please tell (s...@openstreetmap.org). You find our software here:

https://gitlab.com/billowconf/billowconf

Kyle, the maintainer, is part of the local team Cape Town and was mainly
responsible for the video/streaming part of the conference. A cool guy
and a challenging project! For example help by a frontend developer
would be more than welcome, he told me.