sent from a phone

>> On 6. May 2020, at 00:08, Pierre Béland <pierz...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> I dont think that it is appropriate to superpose a landuse over a waterway.

this is a good point, but you could spare the waterway out and just tag the
construction site on the land. Depending on the details, bridge span and kind
of construction, this can lead to good (temporary) representations or also be
inadequate.

> Since the tag man_made=bridge is used, it seems better to  refer to the
> construction project with the tags as proposed by Jack Armstrong
>
> - man_made=construction
> - construction=bridge
> - layer=1

there are only 40 man_made=construction in the whole world:
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/man_made=construction

the tag sounds reasonable, but it isn’t really done this way.

Cheers Martin