Colin,

you're lumping in a few different things together I think.

The scarce resource in this project are still mappers, not consumers.
The mappers certainly want to make a good and usable map; but if you are
faced with a choice of either making mapping more difficult or making
using more difficult, I would still argue for ease of mapping any time -
especially as, for reasons of diversity, we're trying to extend the
"long tail" of mappers who might not be willing and able to learn the
ins and outs of public transport relation mapping.

So yes, let's give mappers the tools they need and let us have a
dialogue with users about what they find useful, but if anything the
users want means more complexity for mappers, I'm skeptical.

Bye
Frederik