> Congratulations on a nice project and a useful one !
> For a long time I have wished for a user-friendly bicycle repair specific
> map, including bicycle cafés.
Thanks, us as well ;)

> What I miss in the Cyclofix project is an easy-to find definition of how you
> classify the nodes that are to be included in the different map "layers".
> Which search is it that produces the bicycle cafés. (And what takes
> precedence if two or more criteria are fulfilled?)

An excellent question, and something we want to improve in a future version
(the discoverability and ease-of-use of the "layer" definitions).

To answer the bicycle cafés question in the context of the current version:
Take a look at
https://github.com/pietervdvn/MapComplete/blob/master/Customizations/Layers/BikeCafes.ts#L23.
 That overpass filter/query can basically be written as: "a pub/bar/cafe with
pub=cycling or any bicycle:service" (https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/WSU).

With regards to precedence, both POI's would be shown (not ideal). With the
current definitions this might happen if there's an overlap on shop=bicycle,
amenity=pub/bar/cafe, amenity=bicycle_parking or amenity=bicycle_repair_station.

> I agree with making a distinction between "pure" bicycle shops and general
> sport shops that offer bicycles or repair of bicycles.

For "pure" bicycle shops we use shop=bicycle, for "other" shops (general sports
equipment stores) we use shop=* + any bicycle:service:* tag.

We're excited for the future and we're continuing work on making the project
more user-friendly and approachable!

Thanks for the kind words and with kind regards,
Pieter Fiers