Hi,

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 09:41:10PM +0200, Maarten Deen wrote:
> Node 3117603944 was established in 2014 with tags
> addr:city     Sørkjosen
> addr:housenumber      45
> addr:postcode         9152
> addr:street   Ringvegen
>
> Yet, when I query nominatim for Ringvegen 45 Sørkjosen I get no results.
>
> What is going wrong here? Sørkjosen itself is found [2] so the problem does
> not seem to lie in the special character (I wouldn't have thought so). Also
> found is the street which is named Ringveien [3] in OSM. No idea why the
> street is called different than the address node, but does Nominatim not
> index address nodes?

Nominatim only indexes addresses of streets and then searches for
address nodes based on the address of the street they are attached
to.

In that particular example, the housenumber got attached to Hovedvegen
because Nominatim could not find a 'Ringvegen' and used the nearest
street:
https://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/ui/details.html?osmtype=N&osmid=3117603944

So you get a slightly different address than expected.
Fix the name of the street and everything sorts itself out.

Sarah