> https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/08/28/players-are-fixing-microsoft-flight-simulators-missing-monuments-with-google-maps/
>
> is there a way to import this data back to OpenStreetMap?

Given that they're using Google Maps, I doubt it.

But I do feel there is some potential for a free collection of
crowdsourced 3D models for use with OSM (beyond what's possible with
Simple 3D Buildings). This is the gap I hoped the 3D Model Repository
(https://3dmr.eu/) would fill, but so far it hasn't taken off.

If someone is interested in helping with that, there's a lot to do.
Creating models, helping with coding (gltf support would be nice, for
example), and there's even data we're permitted to import into 3DMR that
hasn't been uploaded simply due to lack of time for converting/cleaning
up the models.

Yours,
Tobias